Tuesday, November 16, 2004

the sound of settling [a major label deal, that is]

And now, to beat a dead horse: Death Cab for Cutie have signed with Atlantic Records . This move is not shocking, yet also seems like a glimmer of a letdown for the thousands of handsomely introverted DCFC fans. Think of it, as, say, Ray Charles moving to the big leagues and making his country western album. Oh God no, DCFC, don't go that route. But you have Autumnattic's support.

Now this is just fucking unbelievable. TRISHELLE of Real World : Las Vegas is auctioning her precious time on Ebay . To spend a day with her (happy ending not guaranteed, but rather likely), you must drop at least $1,000. This price will go way up, too. And that's the sad part of our nation. Guess that's where you go after Real World and Surreal Life end, though don' t let the fact that I did wait in line to meet her two years ago at the Michigan Underground (but god dammit she was on the show then). Disclaimer--I will NOT be bidding, thank you very much.

Gear Up! This Thursday is Bear Hug Foundation Bar Night @ Dick O' Dows on Woodward. It's only $10, and you can finally see the administrators of Camp Tanuga in their element. Hell, I'll be there, why not?

Want to get me something for Hanukkah? Look at the KROQ 106.7 lineup of "Almost Acoustic Christmas" on 12/11 and 12/12. Could a radio-fest get much better? If not, I'll take a girlfriend! Californians always do it bigger and better, sheesh.

Let me vent one frustration on here: I have to complete both my English and Film/Video requirements by Spring 2006, right? Well I found out today I have more classes to take than I have time, so I will either have to sacrifice by doing spring term or stay, GASP, another semester. Not like I don't hang out with high-schoolers anyway, but COME ON! [POUT]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home