Tuesday, November 09, 2004

R.D.R.D. (release day rundown)

tuesday's are always fun. let's take a moment to look at some of the major music releases for today, November the 9th, 2004:

Britney Spears - My Prerogative - If now isn't a perfect time for Mrs. Federline to lay even lower than she has been on her roller coaster of an anuller/wife/lazy performer/smoker/junk-food loving lifestyle, then I just don't know when is. This album is apparently for those Brit fans that cannot make a mix on iTunes (with a few extra "co-ed" remixes), and is clearly a winning pre-holiday package for Jive. Eat your heart out, Shar Jackson.

Various Artists - The Spongebob Squarepants Movie Soundtrack - Now we have a bemused attempt at marketing to others aside from the Nick cartoon loving young child with contributions from respectable indie stalwarts like the Shins, Wilco, Flaming Lips and Ween. But who the fuck wants to hear Avril Lavigne yelp the Spongebob theme song? This has gotten poor reviews, though you can count on James Mercer and friends to propel the box office numbers to the sky.

Ja Rule - R.U.L.E. - What could R.U.L.E. possibly stand for? Nobody likes Ja Rule, anyway.

Vanessa Carlton - Harmonium - Okay, the trailer for "White Chicks" really made me feel guilty about liking that thousand miles song. Is that wrong? Either way, expect well-crafted-bland pop from Vanessa, who was aided by her boyfriend from the band that was awesomely dropped from their record label earlier this year, Stephen Jenkins and Third Eye Blind.

So there you have it. Just a sampling of the morbid releases from America's powerhouse big labels. Granted, there are better offerings from Polyvinyl's Mates of State with their new EP, All Day, but it is also important to look at major releases that are garabage from time to time.

HUSBANDS/WIVES!Watch the very-rough trailer from the new Pitt/Jolie thriller "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" (courtesy of whatevs.org) - This is an exclusive look at the trailer!

Remember, open-mic night, tomorrow @ 8:30 at the Michigan League Underground, featuring Alex Winston and some other guy.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Steven,
you will be at the forefront of a nation full of attic-addicts.

Ha.

AK

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good morning everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I have been digging allowing for regarding that exact model. The prices for the sneakers were around 240 bucks on every page. But completely I base this location selling them for half price. I really love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably order these. what do you think?

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good morning dudes. I'm really into shoes and I had been looking for that exact make. The prices due to the fact that the boots were approximately 170 pounds on every page. But for all I bring about this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order these. what is your opinion?

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good morning dudes. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been digging for that singular model. The prices as regards the boots were around 300 dollars on every site. But definitively I found this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy them. what can you tell me about these?

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good evening ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking for that singular model. The prices due to the fact that the shoes are approximately 340 pounds everwhere. But completely I base this locate selling them for the benefit of half price. I really like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase those. what is your opinion?

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home