Thursday, November 18, 2004

heat wave of mutilation!

Okay so just what the fuck is going on with this heat?

Mere days ago I was wearing my winter jacket, snuggled happily against the faux-fur and today I'm in a tee shirt and my nose is sweating (and I haven't even eaten anything remotely spicey!). If Thanksgiving is one week away, I do not expect it to be nearly 65 degrees and sunny, sweating out the details of all two of my Thursday classes in discomfort. Give me 32 degrees and crisp and I'll be happy. I want to smell winter. Winter smells amazing. I do not want to have to turn the air conditioning on in my temperature challenged little attic room on a day damn near the first of December. In response to Buddy Rube's entry some days ago, I call for a change in climate--AND FAST.

How cute are ANIMALS CLOSE UP WITH A WIDE ANGLE LENS? I mean really, they're addicting! Who better to make this obvious factoid available and funny but Trey Parker and Matt Stone from last night's "Quest For Ratings" episode. Touche.

Apparently Ol' Dirty Bastard's memorial service was quite the tear jerker. Seriously. Who can win in this rap game (okay, Jay-Z, but who else?)? My question is where were Method Man, Redman, Ghostface Killah and the rest of the crew? Making deoderant commercials?

Helmer of the Spiderman's (#2 to be released on DVD 11/30) SAM RAIMI has revealed he will remake the horror cult classic EVIL DEAD! This is simply the greatest news since I found out that Mopsy (camp cook), drives a semi with her husband across the country between September and May (or something like that). Thanks to everybody who offered their imaginative thought as to where the hell she goes.

AUTUMNATTIC EXCLUSIVE NEWS : whether you care or not, Big Ticket Productions and U of M Hillel are going to be bringing emo-stalwarts Jimmy Eat World to Ann Arbor on April 7th. BIG OPENERS for the JEW's will be none other than the mic-swinging skinnies Taking Back Sunday. This is news that nobody really knows yet, except for the two to three people that read this blog. Anyway, though this is not the traditional lame jam band show that UM gets, I trust there will be an abundance of Greek life assholes there for me to scorn. That said, I think I may be able to free some space in the ol' calender for that April. Right after John Stewart--man I'm fillin' up fast.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home